Over the past year, the Tampa area has seen some major updates. New restaurants, fresh breweries, modern venues—the city is constantly growing and changing, both keeping up with and defining modern trends.
As we approach the end of the year, we wanted to give you a rundown of some of our favorite new additions from the year. Here are the need-to-know highlights!
- Osteria Bar & Kitchen: Located in the center of Downtown Tampa, Osteria is operated by renowned celebrity chef Fabio Vivani. You can expect mouthwatering, authentic Italian eats including house-made pastas and pizzas.
- Heights Public Market: Tons of local restaurants and vendors, a chic industrial atmosphere, the rich history of the Armature Works building—Heights Public Market brings it all to one place. This recent edition to Tampa offers 22,000 square feet and is constantly attracting new and notable eateries.
- The Rez Grill: Located in the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa, the Rez Grill is a brand new edition that aims to combine upscale eating with a laid-back atmosphere. You’ll find a diverse array of foods on the menu, perfect for any palate.
- Four Green Fields: Feeling lucky? Maybe you will when you grab a drink at one of the latest Irish pubs to hit Downtown Tampa! The already popular Four Green Fields opened a new location in Curtis Hixon Park a while back.
- Park & Rec: Park & Rec brands themselves as an “adult playground” and offers tons of games, from giant Connect 4 and Jenga to Pac-Man and Skeeball.
- Tiki Docks River Bar: While it isn’t quite done yet, the Tiki Docks River Bar is one of the most highly anticipated projects of the year. When finished, this $7 million dollar project will offer waterfront dining at three separate bars, along with boat access from the docks.
- Yayoi Kusama at Tampa Museum of Art: Going until February of 2020, the LOVE IS CALLING exhibit from Yayoi Kusama is a uniquely immersive piece of art like no other. Be sure to check it out soon at the Tampa Museum of Art
- Sparkman Wharf: Sparkman Wharf may have opened in 2018, but it was one of the most popular destinations of 2019. The site sits on the Tampa Riverwalk and features locally renowned chefs and breweries, as well as regular events and live music.
- Busch Garden’s Tigris: If you haven’t visited Busch Garden lately, you might want to reconsider. This year, the park debuted Tigris, AKA the largest launch coaster in all of Florida. It’s a can’t-miss for thrill seekers!
- Julian B. Lane Riverfront Park: Looking for some waterfront access? The Julian B. Lane Riverfront Park is right along the Hillsborough and provides easy entry for paddleboarders, kayakers, and boaters.
- Urban Kai Stand Up Paddleboarding: Speaking of paddleboarding, the Urban Kai Stand Up Paddleboarding recently opened a location at Armature Works!
- Tampa Riverwalk: Although not new in 2019 in and of itself, the Tampa Riverwalk is constantly growing and changing. Make sure you keep up with the latest updates—most recently, construction on a new condo tower overlooking the Riverwalk is slated to begin soon!
Discover Life in Tampa
Here in Tampa, we embrace change—because look at all of these amazing updates that change brings! If you’re also looking to make a change and make the move to Tampa, our team is here to help. Take some time to get to know more about the area, browse our buying resources, and give us a call when you’re ready to get started.