The Tampa Bay area is a great place to live, work and play for many reasons, including its climate, affordability, strong economy and Florida lifestyle. Boasting beautiful beaches, lakes and bays, the waterfront lifestyle here includes boating, kayaking, paddle boarding, fishing or just enjoying sand between your toes and amazing sunsets relaxing on the beach.
Tampa Bay is HOT, HOT, HOT!
Tampa/St.Pete/Clearwater is a fantastic location for sun and water fans of all kinds. For the epicureans in the world, Tampa Bay is truly becoming well-known as a foodie’s dream. “New creative and exciting restaurants and bars are opening up all over Tampa Bay, which is bringing more interest and getting people out and about more often,” said Mary Ann Porter, Managing Broker of Tomlin St Cyr Real Estate Services.
“Hyde Park Village, Tampa Heights, Downtown Tampa and Beach Drive in St. Pete are just a few areas seeing a great increase in foot traffic – and with the new Water Street District in Channelside becoming a reality, this will draw even more people into the Tampa Bay area,” Porter said. “Investors and homeowners alike are feeling confident that Tampa Bay just continues to be a popular and a highly sought-after place to live, resulting in a strong real estate market.”
Another great reason why people love Tampa Bay is the conveniently and centrally located Tampa International Airport. Named one of the best airports in the nation by Travel + Leisure, J.D. Power and Conde Naste Traveler, TIA is only minutes from downtown Tampa and less than 30 minutes from St. Pete and Clearwater, making commuting and travel amazingly simple and easy.
Who’s Moving to Tampa Bay? Everyone!
Tampa takes the title of the nation’s healthiest housing market, according to TenX, a real-estate auction and analytics company. It rated cities based on factors such as population, job and wage growth, unemployment rate and industry-specific indicators like inventory and construction.
- Tampa is No. 2 for first-time homebuyers, according to a recent Zillow report. Median home values are just over $183,000 with an annual forecasted appreciation of 3.2 percent.
- According to WalletHub’s 2017 Best Big Cities to Live in study, Tampa came in at 14th out of 62. Analysts scored cities on affordability, economy, quality of life and safety as well as health and education.
- Tampa also came in as the No. 1 best city for recreation. This includes events like the 2017 College Football Playoff National Championship and Super Bowl LV (2021) at Raymond James Stadium, as well as the 2016 Frozen Four and the 2020 NCAA Men’s Basketball first and second rounds at Amalie Arena.
- Tampa Bay has the third-fastest appreciating housing market in the country, according to Zillow.
- The U.S. Census Bureau reported last year that Tampa has the nation’s fifth-highest population gain in 2016, adding more than 58,000 new residents.